Wi-Fi Hotspot Policy
Holds may be placed by staff only; call us at 727-724-1525 or email us at email@example.com to place a hold.
- Hotspots are available to Pinellas County residents with a PPLC library card.
- Check out period - 14 days, one per card, one renewal if no holds pending.
- One device per household.
- Minimum check out age is 18.
- Lost replacement cost is $96.
- If device is not returned within four days of due date, service will be shut off and library card charged full replacement cost. When the device is returned, the replacement cost will be removed and a $5.00 re-activation fee will be charged to the library card.
- If the original cable or wall charger are not returned, the replacement charge is $10 each.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss of information or damage to a device that may result from using the wireless network or building power sources.
- Wireless networks are subject to security risks. The Library recommends utilizing encryption, virus protection and personal firewalls to protect personal information. The Library is not responsible for compromised personal information, damaged or corrupted user equipment and configurations, Internet security, or personal data files.
- By checking out a Wi-Fi Hotspot provided by the SHPL, users agree to abide by the Patron Code of Conduct, Computer Use and Internet and Wi-Fi Hotspot Policies.
- The wireless network is filtered. Some websites may be blocked.