- Public Works
- Sanitation Division
- Quarterly Cleanup
Every year, the City of Safety Harbor does an annual Cleanup Program, giving residents the opportunity to reduce household clutter and get rid of unwanted household materials by placing them curbside. This year, the program’s collection dates are listed below, and your collection will occur on your regular collection day.
- March 13 - 15, 2023 Spring Cleanup
- June 12 – 14, 2023 Hurricane Preparation Cleanup
- September 11 – 13, 2023 End-of-Summer Cleanup
- December 11 – 13, 2023 - Holiday Cleanup
Collection occurs only once during the Cleanup, so it is important to place items at the curb by 6:30 AM on your regular scheduled collection day. Crews will not return a second time.
During these Quarterly Cleanup dates, the City will pick up all bulk items - furniture, appliances, yard waste and other properly prepared non-exempt items. All bulk collections will be performed on the regular curbside garbage collection day. A mechanical truck will collect any items that cannot be collected by the regular curbside collection vehicle during the collection week. Normal restrictions for collection apply.
What items WILL be collected?
- Box springs and mattresses
- Scrap metal, please pile separately
- Old appliances, including washers, dryers, stove, hot water heaters, microwaves, dishwasher
- Lawn/yard equipment – drained of oil and gas
- Other items must be bundled, bagged or boxed – weighing less than 50 lbs (No Construction Debris)
What will NOT be collected include:
- Building/Construction Material
- Wood fences, decking, pallets, lumber
- Rock, Sod, Dirt, Sawdust
- Railroad ties/landscape timbers
- No hazardous waste (pesticides, cleaning supplies, paint, oils, etc.)
- TV’s, Computers & monitors
- Refrigerators, air conditioners