Streets & Stormwater Division
The Street Division repairs and maintains the City’s streets, rights-of-way, sidewalks and curbs as well as tree trimming, pruning and removal and all maintenance and placement of traffic signage, and pavement markings.
The Stormwater Division’s function is to protect property by maintaining positive flows to prevent flooding, yet sustain nature’s hydrological balance. This division is required to perform inspections and cleaning maintenance in order to remain in compliance for our NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) permit. This division is responsible for maintaining 12.88 miles of ditches and creeks, which includes removing trash, debris and soil sediment from our creeks, ditches and ponds. This division also provides routine inspections and cleaning of over 1,075 catch basins.
- Brick street repair
- Curb repair
- Installation of new sidewalks
- Maintain and install street and traffic signs
- Mowing of city rights-of-way
- Pothole Repairs
- Removal of dead trees on city rights-of-way
- Repair and maintain existing sidewalks on city rights-of-way
- Road and alley grading
- Shoulder repairs
- Street resurfacing
- Trimming of all trees on city rights-of-way
- Maintenance of city ditches, swales, and creeks to allow storm water to flow freely; ditches are maintained on a rotating 12-week schedule
- Maintenance and inspection of city-owned ponds
- Sweeping of city streets on a 6-week rotating schedule with the exception of Main Street, which is swept daily
- Not blowing leaves or grass clippings into the street; this debris can be collected on Wednesdays by the Sanitation Division and disposed of for yard waste recycling.
- Not draining swimming pools directly into any storm system - Clean Water Action Plan (PDF)
- Not pouring hazardous liquids (motor oil, antifreeze, paint, etc.) into any storm system; for more information on the proper disposal of hazardous chemicals, please contact the Recycling Division at 727-724-1550
- Reporting issues to Public Works