Safety Harbor


How can I get a library card?

You will need a photo identification and proof of Pinellas County residency. A valid driver's license will suffice. If your driver's license does not yet contain your current address, a document such as a utility bill or apartment lease can be used to verify your address. You may come into the library in person or apply on line. You will need to pick up your card in person with proof of ID and residency.

Apply for a PPLC Library Card

Do I have to get a permit to work on my own home?

If the work requires a permit per the Florida Building Code or the City’s Land Development Code, you are required to obtain a permit. If the work you are doing to your home requires it, you need to submit proper plans for review and have the required inspections performed while working on your home.

Building Permits

How can I comment on a recent program or event?

Patron comment cards are found at the circulation and reference desks and can be submitted in person or left in the comment box at the circulation desk. We welcome your feedback, good or bad, to improve our services. You may also comment via email by contacting us at shplref@cityofsafetyharbor.com or fill out an online comment here:

Comment Card

What codes does the City enforce?

The City enforces all ordinances, regulations and codes officially adopted by the City. The City does not enforce deed restrictions or homeowners association regulations; these are enforced privately through civil action.