Safety Harbor Public Library opens to the Public on Monday, June 1, 2020
The Safety Harbor Public Library will open to the public at 25% occupancy on Monday, June 1, 2020 with the following guidelines.*
- Hours of library operation have changed:
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Social distancing required with six feet of separation between all patrons and staff
- Seating has been arranged to accommodate social distancing
- Public use computers are limited due to social distancing requirements
- Public computer session time is limited to one hour
- Library staff will be wearing face masks. We encourage the public to also wear masks.
- Safety shields have been installed at all service desks
- One-on-one staff assistance is limited
- Patrons are encouraged to use self-check-out stations
- Library programs are suspended until further notice
- Meeting rooms and study rooms are closed until further notice. (No outside public meetings permitted.)
- Teen room is limited to two teens at a time for computer use only. All games are removed.
- The Art Nook and Imaginative Play areas are closed
- Cleaning of touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc., will occur daily. Patrons are provided wipes to clean keyboards prior to using public computers.
- Summer reading for all ages will be available online soon
- Staff is working on providing other virtual services
- Tool Library will be open
- Hours of library operation are reduced
- Patrons are requested to sign-in when entering the building for COVID-19 community contact tracing
- No volunteers until further notice
- Donations not accepted until further notice
*Subject to change by to city, county, state, and federal guidelines.