Local Business Taxes
Business Tax and Home Occupation Applications
Local Business Tax Application Procedures
- Any person engaging in or managing any business, occupation, or profession in the City of Safety Harbor or conducting business using a Safety Harbor PO box is required to have an approved business license before beginning work in Safety Harbor.
- Prior to submitting a business tax application, fill out a "New Business Form" so staff can assist you with the steps necessary to receive the business tax. Some business tax applications are considered a "change of occupancy" and may require renovations prior to applying for a business tax.
- After staff contacts you with instructions and renovations are completed to the space, a business tax application is submitted to the city. A link to the local business tac application is above.
- Once approved, the business owner will be notified by e-mail.
- A link to payment options is below: http://cityofsafetyharbor.com/814/Payment-Options
- To download the business tax:
- Go to https://bsaonline.com/OnlinePayment/OnlinePaymentSearch?PaymentApplicationType=7&uid=2774
- Go to Business Licensing - License application and business management
- Create an account and user name
- Contact email@example.com for the pin
- Download the business tax license
7. A renewal fee is due annually. Renewal notices are mailed annually in July and due by September 30th of each year. If September 30th falls on a weekend or holiday, the tax is due on or before the first working day following September 30th.
8. Receipts that are delinquent are subject to penalty and code enforcement.
Starting a New BusinessFor more information regarding starting a new business in Safety Harbor, please visit the link below:
If you have any questions, please contact Marcie Stenmark at: firstname.lastname@example.org