Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Posted: 9/13, 12:40pm
Sanitation is working to collect all garbage and storm debris as quickly as possible.
Our collection process is:
• Pick up garbage first, and separately;
• Clean yard waste (vegetation debris) second, then;
• Mixed waste and storm bulk trash last.
This collection process is required by FEMA regulations. Public Works is tracking all material collected. The material has to be kept separate and classified as to type and origin, per FEMA.
Public Works has started on the south side of town and is working north.
FEMA Storm debris is only reimbursed for public rights-of-way.
• Private subdivisions’ storm debris will be collected and stored separately.
• Commercial, businesses, apartments, and mobile home parks will also be collected and stored separately.
Public Works anticipates all storm related collection complete by September 29, and back to regular collection and departmental rules/fees on October 2.