Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
3rd Friday Music Series
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
November 20, 2017
750 Main St.
Monday, November 20, 2017
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2017
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
3. THE "AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD" PORTION OF THE MEETING
COMMENTS RELATIVE TO ANY CITY RELATED ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (VOICE/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
* * * * * *
1. EMPLOYEE OF THE QUARTER (EOQ) – 3rd QUARTER 2017
Recognition of EOQ – Holly Warkenthien (Fire Department)
2. FORWARD PINELLAS BRIEFING ON COUNTYWIDE TRANSPORTATION AND WALKING AUDITS
IRMA TREE ANALYSIS
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the November 6,
2. Approve the First Amendment to the Pinellas County Water Quality and Biological Monitoring Programs within the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
3. Approve the purchase of a 2018 Ford Explorer in the amount of $25,371 for the Engineering Department.
4. Approve/deny a contract to American Infrastructure Technologies Corporation in the amount of $381,715 plus a 10% contingency of $38,172, for a total amount of $419,887 for Briar Creek and Northwood East Subdivision sanitary sewer pipe lining.
5. Approve/deny continuation of existing Professional Services Contracts to serve from December 2017 to December 2018 with Cardno, Inc., George F. Young, McKim & Creed, and King Engineering Associates, Inc.
* * * * * *
1. FY 2017 AND FY 2018 BUDGET AMENDMENTS
Adoption/denial of Resolution No. 2017-23 amending the FY 2017 budget, and Resolution No. 2017-24 amending the FY 2018 budget.
2. VIDOVIC PROPERTY (2017-13 AN/ZO)
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-34, on second reading, applying the Single Family Residential (R-2) Zoning District following annexation on property located at 2437 Navarez Avenue.
3. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT – INFRASTRUCTURE ELEMENT
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-08, on second reading, amending the Comprehensive Plan.
4. CITY CODE TEXT AMENDMENT TO ALLOW THE CITY CODE INSPECTOR TO ISSUE CIVIL CITATIONS
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-36, on second reading.
* * * * * *
1. JOINT USE AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY OF CLEARWATER
Approval of a Joint Use Agreement with the City of Clearwater for reciprocity in city-wide youth athletic multi-purpose field programs.
2. EXTENSION OF MULLET CREEK RESORT SITE PLAN (2015-1201 SD)
plan pursuant to Section 229.05(C) of the Land Development Code.
3. WATERFRONT PARK (WFP) PHASE II DISCUSSION
Direction on the WFP Project – Phase II
* * * * * *
1. WAIVER TO LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE SECTION 36.01(M)(6) TO ALLOW AN EXISTING ACCESSORY DWELLING AND WAIVE THE SQUARE FOOTAGE MAXIMUM AT 136 4th AVE. N.
Approve/deny waiver request pursuant to Section 100.00 of the Comprehensive Zoning and Land Development Code.
2. GRAND PARADE MARSHAL SELECTION
Selection of a Grand Parade Marshal for the 2017 Holiday Parade.
3. CODE COMPLIANCE UPDATE
Presentation and discussion.
4. BAYWOODS 1 SANITARY SEWER REPLACEMENT
Approve/deny a contract to Killebrew, Inc. in the amount of $162,299.66 plus a contingency of $16,300, for a total amount of $178,599.66.
5. APPOINTMENTS TO AUDIT COMMITTEE
Appoint two members of the Finance Advisory Committee to the Audit Committee.
6. BOARD OF TRUSTEES FOR FIREFIGHTERS PENSION TRUST FUND
Appointment of one member.
7. FINANCE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Appointment of one regular member.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow