Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
Market on Main
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
November 6, 2017
750 Main St.
Monday, November 6, 2017
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2017
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
3. THE "AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD" PORTION OF THE MEETING IS FOR COMMENTS RELATIVE TO ANY CITY RELATED ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (VOICE/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
* * * * * *
1. WORLD PANCREATIC CANCER DAY
Presentation of Proclamation.
2. MAYOR'S AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
3. FLORIDA RECREATION AND PARKS ASSOCIATION AWARD: VOLUNTARY SERVICE
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the October 16,
2. Approval of contract and invoice in the amount of $19,869.15 for conducting the March 13,
3. Approval of Vehicle Use Agreement with the Pinellas County School Board.
4. Approval of a 6" vacuum assisted portable pump from Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co. Inc. in the amount of $56,927.
5. Approval to award GSA Contracting Inc. to repair and repaint Fire Station 53 at a cost of $29,000.
* * * * * *
1. VIDOVIC PROPERTY (2017-13 AN/ZO)
Approval/Denial of Ordinance No. 2017-34, on first reading, applying the Single Family Residential (R-2) Zoning District following annexation on property located at 2437 Navarez Avenue.
2. SIDEWALK WAIVER REQUEST FOR 555 PINE STREET
Approval/Denial of sidewalk waiver at 555 Pine Street.
3. WAIVER TO LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE SECTION 147.04(G)(1)(b) AND 147.05(F)(1) TO REDUCE THE PARKING FOR 324 MAIN ST.
Approve/deny waiver request pursuant to Section 100.00 of the Comprehensive Zoning and Land Development Code.
4. LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT REGARDING PHARMACY AND MEDICAL MARIJUANA RELATED USES
Approval/Denial of Ordinance No. 2017-33, upon first reading.
5. CITY CODE TEXT AMENDMENT TO ALLOW THE CITY CODE INSPECTOR TO ISSUE CIVIL CITATIONS
Approval/Denial of Ordinance No. 2017-36, upon first reading.
6. FLORIDA LEAGUE OF CITIES 2017 INSTITUTE FOR ELECTED MUNICIPAL OFFICERS III
Approve cost of training for Commissioner Long.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow