Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
3rd Friday Music Series
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
June 8, 2017
7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
750 Main St.
Thursday, June 8, 2017
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF THURSDAY, JUNE 8, 2017
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
3. THIS MEETING IS PRIMARILY FOR AGENDA ITEMS ONLY; OTHER MATTERS MAY BE PRESENTED TO THE COMMISSION, THROUGH THE MAYOR, DURING THE “AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD” TIME OF THE MEETING.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (VOICE/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
* * * * * *
1. RETIREMENT RECOGNITION
Recognition of Retiree: Kathy Bushman.
2. INTERNATIONAL CITY/COUNTY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (ICMA) AND FLORIDA CITY AND COUNTY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (FCCMA) CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION
Certificate of Recognition celebrating Safety Harbor's 90th anniversary operating as a council-manager form of government.
3. MEASE COUNTRYSIDE HOSPITAL
Presentation by Mease Countryside Hospital.
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the May 15,
* * * * * *
1. CITY CODE TEXT AMENDMENT TO ALLOW CHICKENS WITHIN RESIDENTIAL BACKYARDS
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-12, on second reading.
2. EXTENSION OF MORATORIUM ON THE ACCEPTANCE AND PROCESSING OF NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSING FACILITIES
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-18, on second reading.
3. CITY COMMISSION MEETING TIME
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-19, on second reading, revising the City Commission regular meeting start time to 7:00 p.m.
4. SANITATION AND RECYCLING CODE CHANGES
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-20, on second reading, amending the Chapter 10 Garbage and Refuse section of the City Code.
* * * * * *
1. WALKING AUDIT PILOT PROPOSAL
Approve proposal for services with
2. PORTILLO PROPERTY REZONING (2017-01 AN/ZO)
Approval of Ordinance No. 2017-11, on first reading, applying the Estate Residential (E-1) Zoning District following annexation on property located at 2850 Philippe Parkway.
3. CITY CODE TEXT AMENDMENT TO MODIFY THE PERMISSIBLE HOURS FOR THE SALE OF ALCOHOL
Approval of Ordinance No. 2017-16, on first reading.
4. TECHNICAL AMENDMENT TO THE FLORIDA BUILDING CODE FOR EXISTING BUILDINGS
Approval of Ordinance No. 2017-14, on first reading.
5. COMPREHENSIVE ZONING AND LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT REGARDING BREWPUB, MICROBREWERY, MICRO-DISTILLERY AND REGIONAL BREWERY USES
Approval of Ordinance No. 2017-15, on first reading.
6. COMPREHENSIVE ZONING AND LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT REGARDING BREWPUB, MICROBREWERY, MICRO-DISTILLERY AND REGIONAL BREWERY USE OUTDOOR AREA PARKING RATIOS
Approval of Ordinance No. 2017-17, on first reading.
7. PERSONNEL REVIEW BOARD
Appointment of one member.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow