Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
September 17, 2018
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
750 Main St.
Monday, September 17, 2018
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
3. THE "AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD" PORTION OF THE MEETING IS FOR COMMENTS RELATIVE TO ANY CITY RELATED ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (VOICE/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the September 4, 2018 meeting minutes.
2. Approval and signature of 2018-2023 Library Interlocal Agreement.
3. Award a contract to Augustine Construction, Inc. in the amount of $214,232.00 plus a 10% contingency in the amount of $21,423.20 for a total of $235,655.20 for the Huntington Office Park water main replacement.
4. Approval of an Interlocal Agreement with
Pinellas for planning and mapping services and/or special project work.
5. Approval of the FY 2019 contract for law enforcement services with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.
* * * * * *
1. SECOND AND FINAL PUBLIC HEARING ON THE FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 MILLAGE RATE AND BUDGET
Adoption/Denial of Resolution No. 2018-19 setting the Final Millage Rate, and Adoption/Denial of Resolution No. 2018-20 establishing the Final Budget for
2. FY 2018 BUDGET AMENDMENT
Adoption/Denial of Resolution No. 2018-23 amending the FY 2018 budget for land acquisition activities occurring prior to September 30, 2018.
3. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE CITY CODE REVISING BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Adoption/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-16, on second reading.
* * * * * *
1. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO PROHIBIT THE TRANSFER OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS AND DENSITY BONUSES WITHIN THE COASTAL HIGH HAZARD AREA (CHHA)
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-14, upon first reading.
* * * * * *
1. COMMUNITY CENTER FITNESS ROOM
Award/Deny a contract to GSA Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $708,435.00 plus a 10% contingency in the amount of $70,843.50 for a total of $779,278.50.
2. CAPITAL ASSETS DISPOSAL
Approve/deny removal of assets from the capital assets schedule and the general ledger.
3. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING CREATING THE TAMPA BAY RESILIENCY COALITION FROM THE TAMPA BAY REGIONAL PLANNING COUNCIL
4. BARANOFF PARK PROPERTY
Approval/Denial of the Agreement for Purchase and Sale with UCITA Properties L.L.C. in the amount of $1,000,000, authorizing the City Manager to execute same.
5. LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Appointment of three regular, and one alternate member to the Library Advisory Committee.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow