Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
6 Legged Race
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
July 16, 2018
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
750 Main St.
Monday, July 16, 2018
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF MONDAY, JULY 16, 2018
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
3. THE "AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD" PORTION OF THE MEETING IS FOR COMMENTS RELATIVE TO ANY CITY RELATED ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (VOICE/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
* * * * * *
1. AARP NETWORK OF AGE-FRIENDLY COMMUNITIES
2. NATIONAL PARKS & RECREATION MONTH – IT STARTS IN PARKS
Presentation of Proclamation.
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the June 18, 2018 meeting minutes.
2. Approval for one-year extension of the EMS Fire Responder Advanced Life Support agreement with Pinellas County.
3. Approval of disposal of surplus equipment.
4. Approve an agreement with the City of Clearwater for the shared use of the Clearwater Northeast Water Reclamation Facility.
5. Approve/Deny Inflow & Groundwater Infiltration Abatement Program contract to McKim & Creed, Inc.
6. Approve/Deny a contract to Rowland, Inc. in the amount of $63,629.00 plus a 10% contingency of $6,362.90, for a total amount of $69,991.90 for Scott Street Sanitary Sewer Repair.
7. Approve/Deny a contract to Augustine Construction, Inc. in an amount not-to-exceed $201,551.68 for the Waterfront Park Phase 2 Upland project.
8. Approve/Deny the Sidewalk Easement Agreement necessary to accommodate the Folly Farm sidewalk extension.
9. Approve/deny Independent Audit Services contract with CliftonLarsonAllen LLP.
10. Approve/Deny a contract to Augustine Construction, Inc. in the amount of $37,908.50 plus a 10% contingency of $3,798.05, for a total amount of $41,706.55 for the Folly Farm sidewalk extension.
* * * * * *
1. REIMBURSEMENT RESOLUTION NO. 2018-15 FOR FUTURE FINANCING(S)
Adopt/deny Reimbursement Resolution No. 2018-15.
2. LAWSUIT CHALLENGING SECTION 790.33, FLORIDA STATUTES
Adoption of Resolution No. 2018-13, and approval of an agreement with Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman.
* * * * * *
1. QUASI-JUDICIAL PUBLIC HEARING: SITE PLAN MAJOR MODIFICATION FOR OAKBROOK PLAZA, 2471 N.
BOOTH ROAD, CASE # 2018-SD
Approve/Approve with Modifications/Deny Site Plan Major Modification.
2. QUASI-JUDICIAL PUBLIC HEARING: CURRY PROPERTY (2018-06 AN/ZO) ZONING ASSIGNMENT
Approval of Ordinance No. 2018-10, on first reading, applying the R-2 (Single Family Residential) Zoning District following annexation to the property located at 1709 Main Street and Main Street and Pine Avenue.
3. FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES
Award Financial Advisory Services to Public Resources Advisory Group, Inc. (PRAG)
4. MAIN STREET IMPROVEMENTS
Approve/Deny a contract to Morelli Landscaping, Inc. in an amount not-to-exceed $198,419.10.
5. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO ESTABLISH A DESIGN INCENTIVE BONUS PROGRAM
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-12, upon first reading.
6. TREE ORDINANCE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-13, upon first reading.
7. CODE ENFORCEMENT BOARD
Appointment of one regular member to the Code Enforcement Board.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow