Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
Market on Main
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
September 4, 2018
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
750 Main St.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2018
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
"AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD" PORTION OF THE MEETING IS FOR COMMENTS RELATIVE TO ANY CITY RELATED ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (
/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the August 20, 2018 meeting minutes.
2. Approval of Letter of Intent to purchase the fitness center equipment for the Community Center Fitness Center in the amount of $139,887.21 from FitRev Inc.
3. Approve an Interlocal Service Agreement for the maintenance of the traffic control devices with Pinellas County.
4. Approve a contract to Shade Systems, Inc. in the amount of $69,418.25, and a contract to Augustine Construction, Inc. in the amount of $57,875.38 plus a 10% contingency of $12,729.36 for a total amount of $140,022.99, for the Waterfront Park Phase 2 upland shade system.
5. Approve the purchase of 16 personal computers at a price not to exceed $12,764 pursuant to the FY 2017/18 Renewal and Replacement Program and approve disposal of decommissioned computers.
* * * * * *
YEAR 2018-2019 TENTATIVE MILLAGE RATE AND FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 TENTATIVE BUDGET
Adoption/Denial of Tentative Millage Rate Resolution No. 2018-17 and adoption/denial of Tentative Budget Resolution No. 2018-18.
2. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO PROHIBIT THE TRANSFER OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS AND DENSITY BONUSES WITHIN THE COASTAL HIGH HAZARD
Adoption/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-14, on second reading.
* * * * * *
1. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE CITY CODE REVISING BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Approval/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-16, upon first reading.
2. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO UPDATE
REFERENCES AND APPEAL DEADLINES, ADD A REPLAT PROCESS, AND MODIFY DEFINITIONS
Discussion of draft Ordinance No. 2018-17.
3. GEORGE WEISS FAMILY TRUST PROPERTY – 1538 DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. STREET
Approval of the Agreement for Purchase and Sale with Mr. George Weiss and Ms. Meredith St. Clair, authorizing the City Manager to execute same.
4. KEVIN KING
– 2157 RAILROAD AVENUE
Approval of the Agreement for Purchase and Sale with Mr. Kevin King in the amount of $350,000, authorizing the City Manager to execute same.
5. PARKS & RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD
Appointment of one regular member.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow