Skip to Main Content
Celebrating 100 Years
You Are Here:
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
Select the arrows on either side of the current month to change the month.
Subscribe to iCalendar
Find a Facility
Search calendar by:
Show Past Events
Select a Calendar
Return to Previous
August 6, 2018
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
750 Main St.
Monday, August 6, 2018
SAFETY HARBOR, FLORIDA
MEETING OF MONDAY, AUGUST 6, 2018
PUBLIC APPEARANCE BEFORE THE CITY COMMISSION
1. REQUEST RECOGNITION BY THE MAYOR.
2. COME TO MICROPHONE AND GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR RECORD; MAKE ALL COMMENTS AND QUERIES TO OR THROUGH THE MAYOR. EACH PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ONCE ON EACH PUBLIC HEARING ITEM, AND WILL BE ALLOTTED THREE MINUTES IN WHICH TO DO SO.
3. THE "AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD" PORTION OF THE MEETING IS FOR COMMENTS RELATIVE TO ANY CITY RELATED ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.
4. BE ADVISED THAT IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT THIS MEETING OR HEARING, HE OR SHE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND THAT, FOR SUCH PURPOSE, HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
5. ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS
SHOULD CALL 727-724-1555 (VOICE/TDD) OR FAX A WRITTEN REQUEST TO 727-724-1566. IF YOU ARE HEARING IMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SERVICES OF AN INTERPRETER, PLEASE CALL AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING AND THE CITY WILL ARRANGE TO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE FOR YOU. FOR THE SLIGHTLY TO MODERATELY HEARING IMPAIRED, A PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, FROM THE CITY CLERK.
CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
AUDIENCE TO BE HEARD
This portion of the meeting is available to any individual desiring to address the City Commission on a matter that is on the Consent Agenda, other than ceremonial or ministerial matters, or is not part of the meeting agenda. It may be necessary to limit the amount of time for discussion in order to proceed with scheduled agenda items.
1. THE CHRISTOPHER PALMIERI EMPLOYEE OF THE QUARTER – 2nd QUARTER, 2018
Recognition of winner – Rachael Hales (Human Resources).
* * * * * *
1. Approval of the July 16 Regular, and July 23,
Budget Workshop meeting minutes.
2. Approval of Vehicle Use Agreement with the Pinellas County School Board.
3. Approve a contract to Layne Inliner, LLC in the amount of $192,755.00 plus a 10% contingency of $19,275.50, for a total amount of $212,030.50, for storm sewer pipe lining.
4. Approve a contract to CED/Raybro Electric in the amount of $67,864.66 plus a 10% contingency of $6,786.47, for a total amount of $74,651,13, for Waterfront Park Phase 2 Upland.
5. Approve an agreement for the maintenance of the electronic traffic control devices with Pinellas County.
* * * * * *
1. Budget amendment – ITEM FORTHCOMING
2. QUASI-JUDICIAL PUBLIC HEARING: CONDITIONAL USE APPROVAL FOR 915 HARBOR LAKE CT. STE. B TO PERMIT THE SALES AND OUTDOOR DISPLAY OF MOTORCYCLES
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Resolution No. 2018-10 (Case #: 2018-12 CU).
3. QUASI-JUDICIAL PUBLIC HEARING: CURRY PROPERTY (2018-06 AN/ZO) ZONING ASSIGNMENT
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2018-10, on second reading, applying the R-2 (Single Family Residential) Zoning District following annexation to the property located at 1709 Main Street and Main Street and Pine Avenue.
* * * * * *
1. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO ESTABLISH A DESIGN INCENTIVE BONUS PROGRAM
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-12, upon first reading.
2. TREE ORDINANCE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE AMENDMENT
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-13, upon first reading.
3. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO PROHIBIT THE TRANSFER OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS AND DENSITY BONUSES WITHIN THE COASTAL HIGH HAZARD AREA (CHHA)
Approval/Approval with Modifications/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-14, upon first reading.
4. ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE TO UPDATE FIRE PROTECTION STANDARDS AND HYDRANT REQUIREMENTS
Approval/Denial of Ordinance No. 2018-15, upon first reading.
5. DIMENSIONAL STANDARDS FOR NEW DEVELOPMENT
6. JULY 4th SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT
Approve/Deny/Modify July 4th sponsorship agreement with Blake Real Estate, Inc.
* * * * * *
Any invocation offered at the start of the Commission meeting shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, to and for the benefit of the Commission. The views or beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Commission, and the Commission is not allowed by law to endorse the religious beliefs or views of
or any other speaker.
Open the calendar popup.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow