Safety Harbor Cupcake Contest
Celebrating the Library’s 80th Birthday
October 11, 2018 - 6:30 PM
The Safety Harbor Public Library invites you to the search for the area's best cupcake!
- Contestants must pre-register by October 5 using the online form. You can also print the paper form, which can be returned to the Answers Desk at the Library.
- Entries are capped at a total of 55. There is no cupcake entry fee.
- Contestants must provide four cupcakes for judging. Additional cupcakes suggested to be considered for the People’s Choice Award. The more guests tasting your cupcakes, the better chance you have of winning! Cupcakes may be dropped off beginning at 4:00 PM on Oct. 11 with your entry form.
- Multiple entries are permitted, but each must have a separate online or paper form.
- Judging begins promptly at 6:45 PM by local dignitaries and professional bakers. Winners will be announced around 8:00 PM.
- Admission to the event is a $5 donation to the Library Foundation's 2020 Vision, Let's Build a Story capital campaign.
- Guests will taste entries on a first come first serve basis. Each admission includes five ballots for the People's Choice Award.
- Additional ballots are available for $1 each. Ballots will be collected until 7:45 PM for the People’s Choice Award.
- Contestants do not have to pay an admission fee.
Entries will be judged on:
- Creativity & overall presentation - 35 points
- Icing or frosting - 25 points
- Taste & texture - 40 points
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
- Winner - People’s Choice (based on audience participation)
- Winner - Youth Division (age 10-17)
- First Place Winner– Overall
- Second Place—Overall
For more information, call 727-724-1525 x4106