Career Online High School
All fiscal year 2019 scholarships must be awarded prior to May 30, 2019. All prerequisite courses need to be complete prior May 24 to schedule the interview and complete the registration process.
Safety Harbor Public Library participates in the Career Online High School (COHS) program. This program offers adults (19 and older) the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online. The library’s program offers a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry, and continue their education. Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment, a prerequisite course, and an in-person interview will be considered for enrollment. Wondering if the program is right for you? Check out the frequently asked questions to learn more.
The core classes consist of the following subjects: English, Math, Social Studies, and Science.
In addition, students will choose from the following high-growth, high-demand career fields and complete coursework to develop the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for:
- Child Care & Education (CDA)
- Certified Protection Officer
- Certified Transportation Services
- Office Management
- Homeland Security
- General Career Preparation/Professional Skills
- Retail Customer Service Skills
- Food and Customer Service Skills
- Age 19 and older
- Pinellas County Resident
- PPLC library cardholder in good standing or willing to apply for a library card
- At least one year of High School already completed